Blog post 1
I have especially taken an interest in the FM radio part in
the online slideshow number five. One thing that I found interesting in the
online slideshow is that the FM channels are 20 times wider than the AM
channels. In the lecture we talked about how that was because at one point
radio companies wanted to carry television signals on these FM channels. This
never actually happened but that is the reason the channels are much wider than
the AM channels.
I think that it is important for people to understand how this
simple technology works so that they have a foundation of knowledge for how the
new technology works. One thing that I am learning in this class is that
although our technology looks much different today than it did in the early
1900’s the foundation of it is still the same. We still use the technology that
we discovered in the early 1900’s to make the cell phone that you see today.
The foundation of it is the same and new technology will probably always have
the same foundation. We just build onto it as it evolves.
Jacob Striebeck - I agree. It is extremely interesting to look at all of the technological advancements that have come with time, and how varied and complex a lot of technology is today. But like you’ve said, the foundations for these technologies are still the same. Shows how complex yet simple technology can be.
ReplyDelete